Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1-2 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 pound dry long pasta, such as spaghetti or linguine
In a skillet over medium-high heat, add about 1 tbs olive oil and the onions. Saute until the onions are soft. Add the sausage, garlic and red pepper flakes. Continue to sauté until the sausage is browned . Add the tomatoes and basil. Cook for about 4 or 5 more minutes. Add the cream and bring to a boil. The sauces should thicken slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and let it sit until the pasta is ready.
When the pasta is done, drain it and add the sauce. Toss well and you’re done. Serve with grated Parmesan and a nice salad.